Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Global Missions at Lee Street CRC is a commitment to follow Jesus into places in the world, including our Lee St. neighborhood, where there is persecution, poverty and a need for the gospel message of Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit is the key to the growth of the Christian church and the demonstration of His life-transforming work. We support our missionaries with prayer, encouragement, and funds. Lee Street also supports missionaries in restricted countries which are unnamed due to security reasons.
- Young Life at Lee High School: Supporting the Young Life program at Lee High School with funding and facilities.
- Ray & Angie DeLange: The DeLanges come along side Middle Eastern people groups living in the Pacific Northwest. The mission group they represent is East-West Ministries.
- Alex Douma: Alex works for Kaleidoscope as a conference coordinator and with logistics. Alex travels around the world partnering with organizations to work with their children.
- Ruth Jansen: Ruth teaches math at Dakar Academy in Senegal, West Africa. She started her ministry with TeachBeyond on Aug. 1, 2019.
- Geoff & Tammy Kooistra: They live in Quito, Ecuador. Geoff and Tammy work through Reach Beyond, including duties in engineering, maintenance and administration for Christian radio station HCJB.
- Dorothy Meyer: Dorothy teaches as a volunteer in a Christian school in Cristo Rey, northern Belize, Central America.
- Ruth Veltkamp: Ruth instructs and supports Christians in Nigeria and in the U.S. about reaching out to Muslims. She works through West Michigan Kingdom Coalition.
- Roblealto: This is a Christian organization in Costa Rica working for the welfare of high-risk children.
- Jesse & Jari Rodriguez: They are missionaries in Nicaragua. They work through Resonate Global Mission. Jesse focuses on teaching financial stewardship based on biblical foundations. Jari helps medical teams traveling to Nicaragua.
- Paul & Charlotte Mpindi: They serve as missionaries with Mission French Africa Ministries. They often travel to countries in Africa to teach and preach the gospel. Charlotte also facilitates a radio program in Africa.
- Eric Zoodsma: Eric is an Area Director for Grand Rapids Southwest Young Life.