Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Missions and outreach at Lee Street CRC are a commitment to follow Jesus into many places around the world and in our Lee Street neighborhood with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Lee Street CRC provides both regular support and special funding to our 13 partner missionaries and organizations. We believe the Holy Spirit is the key to the growth and future of the Christian church and the demonstration of His life-transforming work. We support our missionaries with prayer, encouragement, and funding. Lee Street CRC also supports missionaries in restricted countries which are unnamed due to security reasons.
- Ray & Angie DeLange: The DeLanges come alongside Middle Eastern people groups living in the Pacific Northwest. The mission organization they represent is East-West Ministries.
- Alex Vader: Alex works for Kaleidoscope as director of events and business manager. Before the outbreak of COVID-19, Alex traveled around the world partnering with organizations to work with missionary kids. Ministry is currently done through Zoom.
- Ruth Jansen: Ruth teaches math at Dakar Academy in Senegal, West Africa through TeachBeyond. She also does community outreach and leads a group of ninth-grade girls.
- Geoff & Tammy Kooistra: Living in Quito, Ecuador, Geoff and Tammy work through Reach Beyond. Their focus is engineering, maintenance and administration for Christian radio station HCJB.
- Dorothy Meyer: Dorothy teaches as a volunteer in a Christian school in Cristo Rey, northern Belize, Central America. Her mission agency is Resonate Global Missions.
- Ruth Veltkamp: Ruth instructs and supports Christians in Nigeria and in the U.S. about reaching out to Muslims. She works through Ambassadors of Peace.
- Roblealto Child Care Association: Roblealto is a Christian, public welfare, non-profit organization founded in 1932. From the beginning its mission has been to care for the children of Costa Rica who are in critical situations and in need of specialized care and integrated services so they are able to reach their full potential. Lee Street has sent work teams to Roblealto on several occasions.
- Jesse & Jari Rodriguez: Missionaries in Nicaragua, Jesse and Jari work through Resonate Global Mission. Jesse focuses on teaching financial stewardship based on biblical foundations. Jari helps medical outreach teams in Nicaragua.
- Paul & Charlotte Mpindi: Missionaries with Mission French Africa Ministries, Paul and Charlotte often traveled to countries in Africa to teach and preach the gospel. With COVID-19 they are currently writing and recording gospel programming for radio stations in Africa.
- Eric Zoodsma: Eric is Area Director for Grand Rapids Southwest Young Life. He oversees ministry to teens at several area schools.
- Young Life at Lee High School: Lee Street supports the Young Life teen program at Lee High School with funding, facilities and summer camp fees.